Mahindra continually pulls forward in the market with increasing demand in its LCV and tractor segment. According to Prabhudas Lilladher’s research report, the company outperforms its competitors of the utility vehicle segment in recent times.
With performance like this when it comes to commercial vehicles, here’s a look into a bit of Mahindra’s history.
History of Mahindra
Currently named Mahindra and Mahindra India Limited, the company was established 73 years ago in 1945 as Mahindra and Mohammed. The Founding Trio of this vehicular giant was K.C. and J.C. Mahindra with Malik Ghulam Mohammed. However, after the partition of India, Malik Ghulam Mohammed went on to become Pakistan’s first Minister of Finance; this changed the company’s ownership and name to Mahindra & Mahindra in 1948.
In recent times, the company acquired Erkunt Traktor Sanayii AS; this Turkish tractor company was bought over for INR 800 crore.
The company has designed many vehicles and one of the most popular ones is the Blazo series.
The Blazo Series
One of the company’s most promising truck series, all of its models are BS IV certified for reduced harmful exhaust emissions. It comes in different variants like:
- Blazo Tipper – Provides applications for carrying garbage, building materials, and other cargo that can handle heavy unloading; this truck is one of the company’s best performers.
- Blazo Truck – This version is more of a cargo carrier over long distances. With a heavy payload and great engine specs, this has been the choice for many commercial transport firms.
Advantages of Mahindra Trucks
Here are some of the salient advantages that drivers and buyers benefit from while buying Mahindra vehicles.
- Reputed brand and one of India’s largest producers in commercial vehicles segment.
- Trusted servicing options with centres based all across the country.
- Low maintenance compared to other contemporary truck brands.
- Mileage and power with Fuelsmart technology that enables at the touch of a button.
- Easily available spare parts whenever there is need for it.
Now, with the latest technology, it has become extremely easy for buyers to find dealer and service locations.
Blazo has been the product of much innovation by the company’s research and development wing over the past years since 2014. It is for this reason that it now boasts of a number of challenges.
- One of its main guarantees is the mileage where it claims to take Blazo back if it doesn’t give better mileage than segment competitors.
- The next one is servicing available in 2 hours on the Delhi Mumbai Highway, failing which Mahindra will pay INR 500 for every delayed hour.
In terms of fuel efficiency, Mahindra claims that Blazo offers around 50 kms more than other trucks on a full tanker.
The company has time and again proven its worth with innovative designs, technology, payload, and truck body options. It is the service style and dedication of the company that makes it stand out in brilliance over its other competitors. Loyal buyers believe that Mahindra will do more of the same in coming years.